Working with an agent that focuses on Overlook makes a difference.
BCP got our client a full price offer for their beautifully upgraded home, at the highest sale price in Overlook history for an interior TH, even after the market slow down started in response to higher interest rates. This sale result matches the high price points BCP obtained in June 2021 (5265 Cozy Glen) and December 2021 (5277 Morning Mist), which provides valuation support for the remainder of 2022.
BCP achieved this result for our client while comparable THs in Cameron Station with a similiar list price, but an empty house or sparse furnishings, sat for 2+ months with price reductions of $20-40K to chase a buyer down to a lower level.
As a service to our clients, BCP fully furnished our client's empty house from the "House of BCP" interior design collection to create the maximum visual impact that drives buyer interest.
Please enjoy this 3 bed, 3 full & 1 half bath, 2-car garage, 2558 finished sq.ft. TH in the Overlook community located at Alexandria’s West End.
The quality & scope of the upgrades throughout the house present a rarely found opportunity: A truly move-in ready home located inside the Beltway with immediate access to 395/495/95, but also within a tree-lined, green-space community surrounding a Fairfax County Park.
Overlook is also perfectly positioned for residents to reap “livability” and house valuation benefits from the forthcoming WestEnd Alexandria development project (formerly Landmark Mall) and other planned projects along the Landmark-Van Dorn Corridor.
A full description of the house features and upgrades and the Overlook community is provided below. A detailed summary is also provided on the mixed-use redevelopment plan for Landmark Mall with Inova building a World-class medical facility as the new Alexandria hospital.
The new homeowner can enjoy the upgrades and appointments from every space inside the house, starting from the dramatic view from the foyer of the open floorplan. A focus on the details – both big and small – is apparent throughout the house, from the visual impact of the focal point light fixtures to the brushed nickel hardware on every door in the house, including hinges, with levers replacing knobs for a more elegant look and feel.
- Once inside, the house opens to a large living room. A triple window provides natural light for this space. Two columns create a “door” leading into the open kitchen with seating areas for relaxing and entertaining.
- The kitchen has a cook's layout that is ready for entertaining, with an island sink, ample prep room, stainless steel GE appliances (including a double oven), maple cabinets, and granite counters. The island bar is sized for eating or watching the cook at work, with room for three stools.
- The open kitchen is sized for a dining table and a separate space for a sofa or sectional with windows that overlook the green space behind the house.
- The deck off the kitchen allows al fresco dining or entertaining. The mature trees behind the house provide both privacy and a pleasing view when inside the house or on the deck.
- The Owner's Suite is large enough to make a King-size bed look small, with the spacious feeling emphasized by a vaulted ceiling. A separate seating area with four windows lets in morning light for a relaxing read of the paper or a weekend nap. The Owner's Suite offers enough space for an office set-up if you prefer workspace to lounging space.
- The Owner's Suite Bathroom has been upgraded with granite vanity tops, polished chrome faucets, framed mirrors, and light fixtures.
- The Owner's Suite has two walk-in closets.
- The 2nd & 3rd bedrooms are each sized to accommodate a Queen bed, with a double door closet.
- The 2nd bathroom upstairs has also been upgraded with a granite vanity top, polished chrome fixture, framed mirror, and light fixture.
- The walk-in laundry is located on the Bedroom Level.
- The Lower Level has ample room to watch a large screen TV. The built-in desk, cabinets, and shelves provide a ready-made office or library. The Lower Level has 14-foot ceilings with floor-to-ceiling windows that provide natural light, with the tobacco-finish Luxury Vinyl Plank floors, gas fireplace, and the wrought-iron light fixture overhead providing a warmth to this space.
- The Lower Level also has a full bath.
- All interior and exterior light fixtures in the house have been upgraded, with emphasis put on the focal point fixtures in the entry, upper stairs, kitchen, and Lower Level to provide both light and visual appeal.
- The garage is a two-car, single door model, with a separate storage area and overhead storage racks.
- The driveway offers parking space for two cars. Visitor parking is available steps from the front door facing the green space and mature trees across from the house.
- Residents can park in Visitor parking.
- A new roof was installed in June 2017.
- The HVAC system (Carrier Infinity system) and water heater were installed in June 2020 and Spring 2015, respectively.
- The carpet throughout the house was installed in July 2022. The Luxury Vinyl Plank on Lower Level was installed at same time.
- The house exterior was painted & decks stained in September 2021.
Overlook Community Details:
Overlook is located just inside the Beltway, with immediate access to 395/495/95 . The Van Dorn Metro is located less than a 10-minute drive. Dining, shopping, recreational, and cultural options found in Washington DC, Old Town Alexandria, Arlington, and Tysons are within easy reach. A wide range of regular Life necessities are all within 10-15 minutes from Overlook. The St. James, a 450,000 sq.ft. sport, wellness, and lifestyle complex is a 10 minute drive.
Entering Overlook, you enjoy a drive up a tree-lined avenue, which gives the Community a feeling of calm apart from the rush of daily Life. Overlook surrounds Fairfax County's Bren Mar Park, with its mature trees and walking trails. The green space, coupled with wide streets and greater rear separation from other houses for better privacy, are quality of Life features that are rarely found in a community located inside the Beltway. When living in Overlook, these features are yours to enjoy.
Overlook also offers its residents an outdoor pool, playgrounds, walking trails, and tennis/pickleball court.
The planned redevelopment projects within Alexandria's West End are located to benefit the community from their proximity. Overlook will offer its residents easy access to the shopping, dining, and entertainment amenities in these projects, yet you get to live in a Park-like setting, with a neighborhood look and feel.
Update On Landmark Mall Redevelopment Project ("WestEnd Alexandria"):
On December 22, 2020, the City of Alexandria announced the plan to redevelop Landmark Mall, with Inova as the anchor client and Foulger-Pratt as the local developer. The City’s announcement and information regarding the project can be viewed at the following links (City December 22, 2020 press announcement, City July 6, 2021 press announcement, and Landmark Mixed Use Redevelopment 1-4-2021 Community Information Session presentation (last link is to the video posted by the City to Facebook of presentation/the presentation slides are uploaded to this property website)).
A one-page summary document identifying the project details, timeline, and budgetary information from public sources is attached to this website (see at bottom of Overview section). The current summary document is updated as of Spring 2022.
On February 2, 2022, Foulger-Pratt announced that the name of the redevelopment project will be "WestEnd Alexandria."
Inova will build a new World-class hospital complex with a:
- 230 in-patient hospital (all private rooms);
- Level II Trauma Center (1 of 3 in NoVa), providing 24-hour specialty services for brain injuries, complex fractures, and other trauma care;
- Level III NICU;
- Comprehensive cancer care center;
- Advanced services for obstetrics, heart & vascular, & neurosciences; and
- Medical office building for 50 specialty physicians.
WestEnd Alexandria is designed to be a community gathering place for Alexandria's West End, with residential, retail, and restaurants, 3.5 acres of public parks, a minimum of 25% open space for each block, a transit hub, and a new fire station.
- In July 2021, the City approved the Coordinated Development District (CDD) Plan for the project.
- In September 2021, the City established the Landmark Community Development Authority (CDA) to address infrastructure improvements related to the project.
- In November 2021, the City purchased the first of three land parcels for the hospital.
- In 2022, the City will purchase the remaining two land parcels and give final approval to the site plan.
- In March 2022, Inova submitted its concept plan for the Hospital Campus.
- Demolition of Landmark Mall commenced in May 2022, with completion n Fall 2022.
- Construction is scheduled to commence in 2023, the first non-hospital buildings will be ready in 2025, and the new Inova Alexandria hospital is scheduled to open in 1st Quarter of 2028.
In addition to bringing a World-class hospital and shopping, dining, & entertainment options five minutes from Overlook, the Landmark Mall project will be a catalyst for other planned development projects that will bring additional options for livability benefits along the Landmark-Van Dorn Corridor, such as Landmark Overlook (recently renamed as, "Overlook at West End), Greenhill South, Avanti 550, Vulcan site redevelopment, and others.
Get in Touch
Bella Casa Partners™ is an agent team of KW United Alexandria-Kingstowne. Office located in Alexandria, Virginia. 703-562-1800. Each office is independently owned and operated. If you are currently under a brokerage agreement with another agency, this is not a solicitation. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. All properties are subject to prior sale, rental, or other disposition.
Bella Casa Partners™ is a trademark of Bella Casa Partners, LLC. The KW logo is a trademark of KELLER WILLIAMS® real estate brokerage. © 2023 Bella Casa Partners, LLC. (License No. 0226031610).